These days more and more groups are looking for out of town venues for their special events. Somewhere, not too far away but in a special and impressive location. A suitable venue for large group accommodation in Victoria. Well suited for garden clubs, walking groups, photographic societies, church groups health and lifestyle groups, hobby groups like scrapbooking or yoga clubs. Plus, many more. And then there are family reunion groups wanting, maybe, to celebrate an important milestone or event. Not forgetting the needs of large wedding groups for local accommodation after the wedding.
So, what is a large group?
Well, 1000-20,000 people probably make up what is commonly called a convention. And often based in overseas countries such as America or Europe. Fifty to 100 people is probably what we could call a large group here in regional Victoria.
What to look for when booking Large Group Accommodation?
Every group will have their own needs. However, there are a few fundamentals that should be considered. Here are a few questions that may help you in your venue selection.
- What is the sleeping capacity of the venue?
- Is there sufficient space for group activities (Indoors/outdoors)
- Can the venue demonstrate experience in working with larger groups?
- Will the venue offer a dedicated co-ordinator to assist with your group needs?
- Do the function rooms have provision for larger groups?
- Does the venue have experience of providing for special dietary needs for larger groups where there could be many specific requirements?
Looking for a popular group accommodation venue?
CountryPlace is a fabulous accommodation venue for large groups up to 120 people. The award-winning property offers 62 ensuite bedrooms inclusive of a 2 bedroom cottage, ideal for families.
The venue is set in extensive, established gardens and lawns.
So, what are the main reasons for the attraction?
At CountryPlace guests are asked what it is they like. What keeps them coming back? There seems to be many reasons. Here are a few:
- Some say it is the travel distance. Just 50 minutes from Melbourne.
- Others say it is the great many attractions in the Dandenongs – Puffing Billy, William Ricketts Sculpture Sanctuary, the quaint villages of Olinda and Sassafras, the world-famous National Rhododendron gardens
- Many find the peace and quiet of the Olinda State Forest and beautiful gardens that surround the CountryPlace venue is so appealing
- Some say they are attracted to the fact that CountryPlace is a family owned and run venue offering relaxed, warm hospitalty
- Almost all say it is the award-winning food that CountryPlace provides for the enjoyment of their guests
2 Night group accommodation Package
Weekend Escape Package
2 course dinner & twin share/double accommodation
Cooked breakfast, chef’s selection buffet lunch, continuous tea & coffee, use of facilities & function room hire
Cooked breakfast, chef’s selection buffet lunch, continuous tea & coffee, use of facilities & function room hire.
Speak with our business Development Manager. Phone Jen or Belinda on 9728 7070.