Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Vegan Pepita Slice
Looking for a sweet, chocolatey treat to share with friends throughout the festive season? Stressing about baking something that’s delicious and dietary-friendly for your Christmas catch-up? The CountryPlace’s gluten free, dairy free, and vegan pepita slice is the delicious and guilt-free snack that you’ve been looking for. Enjoy!
Almonds 2 Cups
Cashews 2 Cups
Dates 3 Cups
Coconut shredded 1 Cup
Sunflower seeds 1 Cup
Cocoa powder (ensure it’s dairy free) 1/2 Cup
Agave or rice malt syrup 4 tablespoons
Coconut oil 2/3 cups
Goji berries or dried cranberries 1 Cup
Pepitas 2 Cups
Cinnamon ground 1 Tsp
- Soak dates in warm water for 15mins or until soft.
- Blend almonds and cashews in processor until crumbled
- Add pepitas, sunflowers and coconut and pulse in processor.
- Tip into medium bowl with goji berries, cocoa, and cinnamon.
- Melt coconut oil and rice syrup together.
- Add dates to processor and process until smooth.
- Combine with oil, syrup and other ingredients in the bowl.
- Line 1 small deep tray 20cm by 20cm and press mix firmly to flatten
- Add weight to the top, and set for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Slice and Serve